This semester I have the pleasure of supervising, PerSecond a Master student from The Master programme on ICT and Learning (MIL). In his Master thesis PerSecond will investigate the possibility of using SL as platform in a Danish-Chinese PBL collaboration he and his colleagues at VIA University College are involved in. PerSecond and I are meeting in-world for our sessions and today I went in to set up for a test of the new Shared Media feature in SLV2.
For unclear reasons* SLV2 really runs slowly on my machine, so for a while there I had to work as a cloud – and let me tell you; that’s a bit distracting!
Anyways, I did mange to set up for a test of google.docs … though I seem to have a recurring “bad-hair-day” ;-)
I’m hoping the problems I experience won’t influence our test later tonight, so that I can get back to our experimentation in a future post …
*) I did read Gwyneth’s excellent post on improving Mac performance, but I can’t force Texture Memory beyond 128, and GL tot stays at 67/192 … so I’m thinking it may be a) a PICNIC error or b) my (still) malfunctioning Mac :-(
One thought on “Setting up for Shared Media test in SL viewer 2”