Presenting “Learning Theory” in Wisdomap
On Monday September 1st my dear colleague Jørgen Lerche Nielsen (RUC) and I will officially start our 4 week course on “Learning Theory” at the Masterprogramme in Ict and Learning (MIL).
At an upcoming f2f seminar in mid Septeber we have roughly 1 hour to introduce the field of learning theories! Fortunately we have the following weeks to elaborate and clarify questions in the students online discussions, and learning theory will be a recurring topic for the students to adress throughout the education.
At the seminar we usually present via ppt, but this year we’re trying to do things a bit different by using Wisdomap. I have started to fill out the wisdomap for the course;
What I really appreciate about wisdomap is that we can collect all course ressources in one place:
As far as I can tell the four guys behind Wisdomap released the tool in July – and they are still working on improving it. Even though I’m quite enthusiastic about wisdomap as it is, some of the features I – especially as an educator – would like to see in the future include:
- the possibility to insert a ppt in the text-box (should open in the box)
- the possibility to edit text and insert links (also in the nodes)
- the possibility to upload other videos than YouTube
- the possibility to use Danish characters like æ, ø and å
- the possibility to choose/change the colour of the nodes
It’ll be quite interesting to hear what our students think of this way of presenting and collecting ressources ..